3 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 onions, chopped
2 cups chopped celery
5 carrots, sliced
2 cups vegetable broth
2 cups water
4 cups tomato sauce
1/2 cup red wine (optional)
1 cup kidney beans, drained
1 can (15 ounces) green beans
2 cups tender little spinach, rinsed
3 zucchini, quartered and sliced
1 tablespoon fresh oregano
2 tablespoons fresh basil salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup seashell pasta 2 tablespoons fresh grated Parmesan cheese for the filling
1. Add the butter to the skillet or pan. Heat it over medium heat.
2. Saute chopped onion, chopped carrot, and garlic until the onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
3. Adds 4 cups water pot, and add the chicken bouillon granules, stirring until boiling over medium-high heat.
4. Add sauteed vegetables with pot.
5. Adds the broccoli, reserving several bouquets for later.
6. Reduce heat to low, and cook over low heat 15 minutes, or until broccoli is tender, and remove from heat.
7. Add broccoli mixture to blender in small quantities, and pass it to a large bowl. 8. Returns broccoli puree to clean pan.
9. Stir in milk and cream, and add the broccoli that separated them.
10. Add flour and ice water in a small container, whisking to mix.
11. Bring to a gentle boil.
12. Stir flour mixture constantly while the soup thickens.
13. Stir in soy sauce, fresh black pepper.
14. Remove from heat, and let cool to room temperature. Cool it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
15. Serve cold soup bowls.